Monday, January 5, 2009

She is here!
I present you, Claire Elza Luna!

I am not going to go into detail about the whole 4 days experience at the hospital, you can read that on Amy's blog shortly, but I will tell you that it was amazing! Here are a few thoughts on the endeavour:
-Although I did not feel them, contractions are the most painful thing I have ever seen. Amy was in a whole other state of mind. She did an unbelievable job staying focused and fighting through the pain.I was very surprised and proud of her.
-The actual birth was very, very emotional for me. If you know me, you know that I am little bit of a cry baby (Yes I cried at Marley and Me). But I was doing great, until I saw her face come out. That was it for me, the tears started to roll and it was hard to stop.
-We have only been home with her for about 5 hours, but I feel like we have already learn so much about her, ourselves, and the rest of out lives.

Here are some pictures:
Before it all started

The contractions.

Sleepy!Proud parents!
The nurse stamped my hand with her footprint!
Proud dad!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful!

Mandy Rose said...

Oh Dan, she really is so sweet! And what a sweet post. She already has you wrapped around her little finger.

Anonymous said...

Dan!!!!
Ela é linda!!!!
Meus votos são que Deus a abençoe muito e que Ele também oriente você e a Amy para cuidar dessa criaçãozinha tão preciosa dele!!!!
Dê um abraço na Amy por mim, ok!?!??!
Bjo enorme