Monday, April 13, 2009

The Half!

It's has been 3 months now since I decided to train for my first half-marathon. Claire was only a week old and she slept for most of the day. Amy and I were still in our parental leaves from work so finding time to go to the gym was relatively easy. My motivation? I had a few....lose weight, get back in shape, run a marathon, find another hobby....
30 pounds lighter and a couple of chapped nipples later, I now find myself only a couple of days away from running the 13.1 mile distance. To be honest, my initial goal was to simply finish the race, but as my training went on, I started to feel stronger and more confident. Averaging over thirty miles a week was not easy at first, but it feels pretty routine now. My new goal is to run it between 1:40 and 1:45, but to do that, I need to make sure I don't get caught up in the adrenaline kick of the first couple of miles.
I will be blogging about my race next week, so stay tuned.

See Go! St. Louis for race details and results.
.

3 comments:

amyluna said...

Yea! Good luck baby! Claire and I will be there cheering you on!

Ivone said...

Tenho certeza que vc vai se dar bem.Boa sorte! Bjs. mamae

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Dan! I know I could never do that, since being injured in basic. Tara